Source: Oblong to the Hudson by Harry Wirth; 1976
Information here is for archival purposes, and is not current
Bannerman’s Castle was built around 1900 by Francis Bannerman, who desired a Scottish castle for a summer retreat. Bannerman ran a Spanish American War surplus business in Blue Point, Long Island. Later, the castle became a storage facility for the family business. It was sold to New York State in 1967 and was gutted by fire shortly afterwards.